Supervise and control the group sales’ operations to meet/exceed sales, revenue and profit objectives. Solicit, negotiate and confirm new and repeat business through various efforts (outside sales calls, telemarketing, direct mail, referrals, site inspections, tours, networking, etc) on a State, National and International level.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities Operational:
- Maximize hotel’s group room revenue on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis and direct sales focus to achieving hotel revenue goals.
- Develop and continually enhance relationships with key corporate, diplomatic and association accounts.
- Advise Director of Sales on all matters relating to group sales to maintain an open line of communication and harmony among departments.
- Handle inquiry calls and walk-in site inspections.
- Implement company programs and direct the operations to meet and exceed budgeted revenues while ensuring customer satisfaction
- Assist in ensuring that the Tanque Verde Guest Ranch Team remains invigorated and the mission is upheld, communicated and enforced throughout the organization as a member of the Team.
- Perform other functions as required and directed.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty to a satisfactory standard. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; Experience: Two years hotel sales experience, with a proven track record within the group sales department.
Basic Expectations: Attention to detail; Mature, professional interaction with employees, guests and business contacts; Ability to work under pressure; Ability to prioritize work; Ability to keep confidences and keep work confidential; Ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time; Maintain and develop relationships that will benefit the Ranch and drive future business.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business reports, professional journals and technical procedures. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedural manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers and the general public.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference and apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
Standards of Conduct: The high ethical standards of The Tanque Verde Guest Ranch must be upheld by all members of the company. The policies relative to press relations, equal opportunity, discrimination, sexual harassment, vendor relations, etc., stated in the employee handbook and manuals are inviolable. We pride ourselves on providing a professional caring atmosphere for clients and all fellow employees and will achieve this goal through responsible actions.
Note: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by The Director of Sales.
This job is performed primarily indoors in a variety of settings. Exposure to loud noises, dust, dirt, and smoke may occur. Protective safety clothing may occasionally be required including appropriate clothing, shoes, gloves, and goggles as needed. Activities include extended periods of standing or sitting.