The role of Banquets server will be responsible for providing excellent banquet food service to the guests for all functions and special events.
• The position of banquet server entails but is not limited to the following job functions; assist in setting function room including linens, china, glass, and silver for the proper number of attendees.
• Complete pre-function checklists including setting any pre-service salads, water, etc. as required.
• Once guests are seated ensure table is receiving proper bussing and follow-up to refill drinks including water, coffee, and tea.
• Have basic knowledge of wine and wine service.
• Be prompt and efficient when serving courses to the tables.
• Be knowledgeable of serving buffet style service, including set-up of buffet, refreshing of buffet and service to guests.
• Maintain knowledge of Banquet Event Orders (BEO’s) and follow all details required by group, clients, and guests.
• Be knowledgeable about serving social functions that require plates of hors d’oeuvres during cocktail receptions, etc.
• Be knowledgeable about the menu being served and be able to describe and explain ingredients, and preparation of any food presented.
• Maintain certification for banquet server by following the training program and endeavoring to strive for more knowledge to provide excellent service.
• Perform final clearing of tables, complete breakdown of functions and events; which includes resetting as needed at the end of functions.
• Assist in taking down hors d’oeuvre tables or buffets, and performing closing duties as indicated on the banquet-closing sheet.
• Resolve guest issues as quickly as possible and communicate all problems to outlet supervisor or manager immediately.
• Maintain knowledge of the entire resort and area to assist guests with questions about the resort.
Minimum requirements: This position requires a high school diploma or 1-year equivalent experience. The position requires the employee to be certified through Busser, Server Assistant, Server, and Banquet Server through the Grand View Lodge Food Service Certification program. The position may require the service of wine so therefore the position requires the employee to be 18 years of age or older.