This position is responsible for the daily operation of reservations, front desk, spa, and gift shop. This includes, but is not limited to: supervision and communication with all employees in these departments, guest service recovery, point of contact for Signature, review of Signature calls and other reservations training, development and implementation of new promotions in gift shop and spa, and implementation of all strategic plans developed for these areas.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Partner with General Manager to develop strategic plans to move organization forward in effective manner as it relates to guest service department.
- Implement these strategic plans in conjunction with managers and all other employees. Use formal change strategy to insure consistency and effectiveness in every change process.
- Utilize technology to further strategic plan and service capabilities.
- Attend weekly operations meetings to understand guest service needs for upcoming week; communicate these needs to individual departments.
- Responsible for guest service recovery, developing strategies to insure guest complaints and problems are discovered and remedied. Interact with guests at meals to gather feedback and foster intimate, personal feel of property.
- Must exhibit professionalism and confidentially with data and information shared by the General Manager or other senior management.
- Focus on achieving team and organizational goals.
- Insure compliance with all safety standards; look for other safety improvements and certifications that both improve our internal safety and the safety of our guests.
- Establish and maintain a positive, professional relationship with guests and other departments throughout the resort.
- Act as a 24/7 Ambassador of Tanque Verde Ranch and maintain a positive attitude. Lead by example.
- Insure adherence to all standards regarding staffing, dress code, training and all other service standards.
- Reinforce safety within the guest service department, communicating any accidents to management and the safety committee for review.
- Partner with General Manager to develop annual budget, and work together to insure budget is achieved, while also achieving strategic initiatives.
- Complete all necessary paperwork for Human Resource processing concerning new hires, changes in status, and other necessary documentation.
- Handle all miscellaneous tasks / projects as assigned by the General Manager in a timely and accurate manner.
- Knowledge of resort layout, policies, procedures and all capabilities.
- High school diploma or equivalent, college degree preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to develop and implement new strategies quickly and effectively.
- Strong training background with excellent attention to detail.
- Self-motivating individual with assertive, outgoing personality.
- Computer literate, with the knowledge to learn or adapt to new programs.
- Ability to analyze strategies for using technology more effectively.
- Can manage time and tasks with minimal direction.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and in high-pressure situations.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.