The role of server will be responsible for providing excellent meal service to the guests for all meal periods.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- The position of server entails but is not limited to the following job functions; Greeting all arriving guests by acknowledging their presence upon arrival or as they arrive to the table, ensuring menus and water service has been completed.
- Taking all food and drink orders and the server must be able to explain all menu items including recipe ingredients, and preparation.
- Use basic selling techniques to up-sell appetizers, drinks, and dessert.
- Ensure table is receiving proper bussing and follow-up to refill drinks including water, coffee, and tea.
- Be knowledgeable of serving buffet style service, including set-up of buffet, refreshing of buffet and service to guests. Handle guest request for items available not on the buffet. The server must be able to explain all buffet items including recipe ingredients, and preparation.
- Maintain certification for server by following the training program and endeavoring to strive for more knowledge to provide excellent service.
- Maintain knowledge of the dining reservation system to be able to enter and edit reservations.
- Maintain knowledge of the point of sales system to open and close tickets, understanding various methods of payment including split checks, multiple payments, gift cards, applying discounts and handling credit card transactions.
- Be knowledgeable of cash handling procedures, including the ability to make change.
- Ability to perform all opening and closing duties as assigned.
- Pre-bus tables as needed, which includes clearing and resetting tables.
- Resolve guest issues as quickly as possible and communicate all problems to outlet supervisor or manager immediately.
- Maintain knowledge of the entire ranch and area to assist guests with questions about the ranch.
Some experience is required. This position requires a high school diploma or 1-year equivalent experience. The position requires the employee to be certified through Busser, Server Assistant and Server through Tanque Verde Ranch Food Service Certification program. The position may require the service of wine so therefore the position requires the employee to be 19 years of age or older.